Designation: Java Developer I
AscentHR is an end-to-end HR Operations company with roots in Payroll and Compliance. Our Technology division of application-oriented professionals have 10-25 years of experience. Read more about us.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, enterprising Java Developer with 5+ years of experience.
You will work on a cutting-edge SaaS payroll/HRMS web-application that is deployed in India and 30 other countries. This framework is developed in-house and is continually upgraded. Using your knowledge of Java applications, as well as your creativity, problem-solving skills, and initiative, you collaborate to produce high-quality products. In return, we provide tangible opportunities for learning and career growth.
• Develop, Implement and maintain Java/Groovy applications that are often high-volume and low-latency, required for mission-critical systems
• Contributing in all phases of the development life-cycle
• Writing well-designed, efficient, and testable code
• Ensuring the code comply with specifications
• Conducting software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging
• Troubleshoot development and usage problems; coordinate with IT team to create solutions to technological problems
• Support continuous improvement
Job Skills & Qualifications:
• 3+ years total Software Development experience with strong technical background Experience in development, testing, and deployment with Java / J2EE stack (e.g. Core Java, Spring, JPA, etc)
• Proficient understanding of supporting tools such as Git, Maven, Intellij
• Know-how of object-oriented programming concepts
• Technically attentive, eager to learn new technologies and a confident team player
Nice to have Experience:
• Groovy, SQL and SpringBoot experience, familiarity with some DevOps processes
• Python and related technologies
• Exposure to Devops/CICD tools like Jenkins, Docker