Designation: Senior Technical Writer
Experience: 7-10 Years
At AscentHR, we are proud to be recognised as one of the leading providers of HRO services. We offer state-of-the-art HCM solutions, managed payroll, compliance, and advisory services. Our vision is to provide an exceptional user experience to our clients, driven by our passion for constantly innovating our products and services built on cutting-edge technology. We aim to deliver products and services that help our customers create an effective HR strategy that promotes an unsurpassed employee experience while seamlessly managing the complexities of multi-location, multi-country payroll, and labour policies that comply with all extant regulations.
When you join our team, you become part of a flat-structured organization dedicated to a people-centric, delivery-led company culture. You will work amidst an intellectually curious, progressive team that will help you hone cross-functional expertise. So, if you are ready to be part of an innovative and dynamic team, we invite you to join us at AscentHR.
Our team is currently seeking an experienced senior technical writer proficient in developing user-assistance artefacts. This role requires someone dedicated, skilled, and passionate about producing top-quality technical documentation. Exceptional English language skills and a keen eye for detail are prerequisites.
The successful candidate must be motivated to create an array of user assistance products, which include product demos, online help, integration manuals, and admin manuals. They should be capable and driven to oversee the documentation tasks from beginning to end.
To be considered for this position, you should have between 7-10 years of technical writing experience, allowing you to bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the table. Additionally, you should demonstrate excellent project management abilities, as you will be responsible for managing a range of documentation projects simultaneously. If you have the experience and drive to excel in this position, we would love to hear from you.
• Single sourcing, XML-based writing, and exceptional language skills.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills in interactions with various teams.
• An ability to ask the right questions and build information networks.
• An ability to build lasting relationships with SMEs and absorb inputs and information quickly.
• You must be adaptable and flexible to work as per business requirements and respond positively to change.
• The role is based in Bangalore and is full-time.
• Participate in Product and Feature Development discussions and understand the documentation requirements.
• Plan, research, write and edit existing or new product or workflow-related changes in the user guides.
• Gather inputs from the SMEs and write manuals, technical specifications, and process documents.
• Work closely with the configuration, implementation and other cross-functional teams to ensure technical accuracy and functional insights as part of deliverables, which include online help, integration documentation, and product demo videos.
• Coordinate with the development team to provide textual or instructional inputs on the user interface. A degree of familiarity with usability and UX writing would be an added advantage.
• Coordinate changes to documentation and communications.
• A graduate degree in any field, and familiarity with Human Capital Management (HCM), and payroll software.
• 7-10 years of experience delivering user assistance documentation for Software-As-A-Service (SaaS) products.
• Familiarity with MSTP and Chicago Manual of Style, documentation version and release management.
• Hands-on experience with at least one or more tools & methodologies such as DITA, MS Office Suite, Adobe FrameMaker, HATs, and demo video tools.
• Familiarity with Agile methodology is an added advantage.